Tuesday, May 22, 2007

5/22 - Mall of America!

Entrance to Mall of America!

Amusement parks inside the MOA.

Pulled out about 9:30 a.m. It's sunny and in the 60's. Best part - the wind is calm----for now!


Michele, you'll be pleased to know that we passed the sign for Green Bay. Should have taken a picture of it for you!


Missed one turn in the road and ended up going through some beautiful Wisconsin farm land. LOTS of cows!

Reached Minnesota at 11:17 a.m. Good thing, too, that we're not far from the campground. The wind is now blowing consistently at 20+ miles an hour and gusting over 30. Hard to pull the trailer in that kind of wind.


Catching up on email, blog, and stuff before heading out the to the MOA.
The MOA is about 20 minutes from our campground and not hard to reach. We found a parking spot that would accommodate the truck and hitch and headed inside the Mall. We made sure we knew where we came in because this place is huge!
We spent a couple of hours just looking around and finding out how big it is. I think there are 4 or 5 floors to this thing! All kinds of stores, restaurants, things to do. David and I agreed that we wouldn't ride any of the amusement park rides after seeing what some of them do and do to people!
I bought my first pair of Crocs and love them. Patrick, Trey, and Anita....postcards will be in the mail shortly. First ones we've bought since we've been traveling. We decided we'd come back and spend more time tomorrow so we left to work our way back to the campground. Stephanie had given me gift cards for Chili's for Mother's Day. It's WAY to windy to cookout, so we decided to stop at Chili's. It's right down the street from the campground. The wind picked up while we were eating and it started pouring down rain! Glad we were inside.
Got lost going back to the campground (my fault!), but did enjoy seeing the countryside. Got back in time to watch the last half of American Idol. GO JORDIN!
David and Chrissy went to bed after AI, but I decided to watch L/O SUV and CI. Came a STORM while I was watching. The wind is blowing enough to rock the RV, it's raining and now it's hailing! The lightning was wicked! All I could think was that I was in a metal RV with an antenna sticking up in the air. It finally passed and I was glad!
Got some new Tinker Bell pj's so I'm off to bed!
See ya down the road!
Jenny :)

1 comment:

Southern Cheesehead said...

Yea! You've been cultured since you've seen the sign for Green Bay!!! Go Pack Go!!! You could have gone by mini camp and said hello to Brett for me!