Monday, May 14, 2007

It followed me home...can I keep it?


Saturday was a LONG day! The Airstream has been found! It was pulled into the lot at Middle Tennessee Airstream on Friday. YEA!


We left the house about 6:00 a.m. to get to Tennesee at 10:00 a.m. Stopped for breakfast and fuel and no problems!


Doug Hall met us at the dealership and went over the RV with us. He was a great salesman and we appreciated his patience with us! This decision to buy one was years in the making! It is beautiful! It's 31' and gorgeous!
We had planned to leave about noon and head home to load it, but we had a few minor glitches. The decal on the side was missing a letter so I have a one-of-a-kind AMERICAN IDOL version! It reads AI STREAM! I'm so special! (It'll get fixed when we get back!).
Kevin, the guy who showed us how to work everything on the trailer was great! He normally doesn't work on Saturday, but we appreciate his hard work and coming in to get our RV ready.
We headed home about 2:30 p.m. On the way home is a mountain to go down. It's a 6% grade for several miles. There are runaway truck lanes and places for trucks to stop and check their brakes - steep hill! We're about half way down the hill when David tells me there's a silver vehicle right on his bumper. I keep looking in the wide mirrors and I can't see it. He says it's right behind us and I still can't see it. Suddenly I realize his talking about the Airstream. I said I must not have had enough blonde highlights put in my hair on Saturday.
We arrived back home about 7:30 p.m., parked the RV in our neighbors yard, and called it a night. Tomorrow we have to pack all the stuff in it that came out of the other one! Not looking forward to that!
See ya down the road!
Jenny :)

No comments: