Sunday, May 27, 2007

5/23 - TWISTER! No, not the game....

It's been a hectic day! Somehow we've planned too much to get everything in on one day! It's windy, kind of rainy off and on, and temps in the 50's. Could be worse!



We got our chores out of the way and headed back to the Mall of America. It's about 20 minutes or so from the campground. I know there can't be any deer left for the hunters because they've all been hit by cars and trucks on I-94. They are everywhere! Big ones.....



The airport is next to the MOA and I noticed that a plane had just taken off and another was right behind it and taking off a little quicker than usual. Another was lined up behind it. Thought it was a little odd, but figured it was about to start pouring rain so they moved the time between flights up a bit.



We parked right in front of the door of MOA and got out. IMMEDIATELY I hear a tornado siren! I freaked! David tried telling me it was a parking lot cleaning machine, but I told him I knew what a tornado siren sounded like! Inside we go!



I look around and I apparently am the ONLY one in the place who's freaked! We walk a little further in and the lights begin to flicker. Not much...3 or 4 times, but enough to make me forgot the stores I wanted to visit!

I passed on the Oxygen Bar. I did go to Williams-Sonoma, but almost couldn't go in. They had a sign out front that said "Serving serious Cooks Since 19??". I knew I didn't belong there! LOL Almost bought some Croc jewels, but didn't! Did buy some makeup and hurriedly got out of there when I realized I was at the top level of the Mall. We decided to head back to buy groceries, but took our time heading out. There were a few stores I'd never seen, but overall, would not go back, I think. Most of the stores there we have a home or we've seen on the road. It was nice, but....

We found the grocery store on the way back. It was kind of a cross between Wal-Mart and Publix. Found what we needed and headed back to the campground. Cooked dinner and turned on the TV for the news. Turns out we were on the fringe of the tornado at the Mall. No damage at the campground, but lots of damage where we were. They were showing pictures of softball and golf ball sized hail. So glad we were safe and not involved in that part of it!

Off to bed to get ready for Grand Portage, MN and Isle Royale National Park!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments: